TEACH ME HOW TO BE A GIRL

By Abigael Jepng’etich F1 East

When I go to school, knowledge to acquire

They say, girls were born for marriage

When at home I stay, afraid of books they say.

Please, please, teach me how to be a girl.


When I walk with a boy sharing ideas

A boyfriend, they say, she’s so swayed

A girl friend they say, she’s my master planner.

 Please, please, teach me how to be a girl.


 A little weight gain, whispers of pregnancy they share

A little weight loss, HIV positive oh! They whisper

When I speak my mind candidly, oh! She’s a rebel.

Please, please, teach me how to be a girl.


In my long dress, they mock, ‘grandma dress!’

In my short dress, they lament of flat hips.

In silence, ‘bad moods.’ Beware, those lips.

Please, please, teach me how to be a girl.


Can’t I be free, to just be?

Can’t I be allowed to shape my future?

I am still young in body, mind and soul.

Please, please, allow me to grow in peace.



Wisdom in action!

 

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SAUTI YANGU MSIKIE

SHUKRANI KWAKO MAMA

MSENA WANGU